domingo, 4 de fevereiro de 2018

S/4 HANA On Premise – Old Transactions (e.g. XD01) still work in Batch-Input-Mode!

About a year ago, I wrote about how I compeared an actual S/4HANA system agains the Simplification List. This is kind of a follow-up item to it.
In my past years with SAP projects, I have been using SHDB (the “recording” button in SM35) to quickly and repeatedly generate Test-Data in various Systems.
When I got my hands on our S/4HANA 1610* (initial shipment Stack) installation, I tried them out there, too.
Amongst them was script to create a vendor using XK01. As kind of a joke I ran it, expecting the message you get when you call XD01 on an S/4HANA system:
“Redirecting to transaction BP, as transaction XK01 is obsolete” (MD_BP028).
I was quite surprised when I saw my script running trough just fine.
So:
While XD01, XK01 and that like redirect to BP when called “normally”, they still work fine, when called in Batch-Input mode.
We can verify what I just explained by looking into the coding:
Please note: This is something “nice to know”, I don’t see it as really being helpful in a productive way. The correct way to create Business Partners is using transaction BP!
*(I tried the same on an 1511 FPS 01, with the same behavior!)
So that’s my experience with SHDB on S/4HANA.
Best
Joachim

PS: This is all about “on premise” where we have the compatibility scope in place – I can’t try, but I’m pretty sure this will not work in Cloud.

Fonte: https://blogs.sap.com/2016/12/12/s4-hana-on-premise-old-transactions-e.g.-xd01-still-work-in-batch-input-mode/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário